Here’s all the latest news about the run!
Over 900 runners are signed up! Although advanced registration is closed, there will be the opportunity to sign-up the day of the race. Keep reading for more information.
The run before the big day (Fat Tuesday). Feel better about eating those paczki, or run the route to scout out your favorite place to purchase them. The 5K route winds through Hamtramck, highlighting the city that boasts “the world in 2 square miles.” A paczek and a beer served to each finisher! Na Zdrowie!
- Register here through Tuesday, FEBRUARY 5. A t-shirt is included with the cost of registration. Color varieties include paczki flavors of strawberry, apricot, blueberry and chocolate.
- Onsite registration is $35, cash-only, beginning at 7 a.m. T-shirt color and size not guaranteed.
- This event is held with the cooperation of the Hamtramck DDA.
- All event proceeds to benefit the implementation of the City of Hamtramck’s Non-Motorized plan.
- Walkers and strollers to start behind runners. We love Fido too, but keep him behind the runners please!
- Advance packet pick-up is available Thursday and Friday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Talmer Bank, 9252 Joseph Campau St. Day-of packet pick-up begins at 7 a.m. on-site.
- Age Group prizes for top finisher male & female in each category, and top Male & Female Overall
- Times will be available post-race at www.RunMichigan.com.
Several Hamtramck businesses will be offering runners a “bib discount” after they cross the finish line on February 9, they include:
- $1 domestic draft beers @ New Dodge Lounge, 8850 Joseph Campau St.
- $1 beer specials @ Whiskey in the Jar, 2741 Yemens St.
- 35% off the regular retail price of clothing @ Chiipss, 10229 Joseph Campau St.
- 10% all items @ Detroit Threads, 10238 Joseph Campau St.
- Free samples @ Srodek’s Campau Quality Sausage, 9601 Joseph Campau St.
- Free Prince Polish candy bar @ Polish Art Center, 9539 Joseph Campau St.
- $1 off records @ Record Graveyard, 2926 Caniff St.
- $5 off any purchase of $15 or more @ Amicci’s, 9842 Joseph Campau St.
- $2 draft beer, Jezy, Fireball & 1800 @ Belmont, 10215 Joseph Campau St.
Sponsors: Detroit Threads, Talmer Bank, McClure’s Pickles, Jurkiewicz & Wilk Funeral Home, Whiskey in the Jar, The Belmont Bar, Polish-American Chamber of Commerce-Michigan, Simply Suzanne Granola, New Dodge Lounge, Record Graveyard, Polish Art Center, New Palace Bakery, New Martha Washington Bakery, Sam’s Market, Alexis G. Krot, P.C., Plante Moran, Glory Supermarket, Miller Canfield and Giffels Webster Engineers.